Hello, my name is Claudia Tanner. Last year was my first year at Panda Path. I have been a nurse for 14 years and I have more than 20 years of experience working with children. I truly enjoy teaching the children healthy habits and partnering with parents to help their children and family be healthy. I look forward to partnering with you for a great school year!
- No medicine can be given at school until one of our forms are filled out and signed by the prescribing doctor. (the nurse can fax this form to the doctors office if need be). ***Note you will have to bring the medicine to school please do not send any medicine in the child’s backpack.
- If the medicine needs to be given four times a day- the nurse can give the AFTERNOON DOSE. ***The medicine needs to be in the original bottle, the pharmacy will divide it up and give two bottles if necessary. ***
- If the medicine is prescribed three times a day- it can be GIVEN AT HOME in the morning, after school and before bed-time. if prescribed twice a day- it should be given in the morning before school and at night before bed.
- The parent must fill out a form from the clinic first.
- Again the medicine needs to be in the original container when brought to school.
- Please do not send the child to school if they have had a fever or had to be treated for a fever in the last 24hrs. (EVEN IF THEY WANT TO COME TO SCHOOL). ** It is better if they rest at home the following day.**
- *** If sent home with a fever over 100. - It is best to keep the child home from school the next day. (The nurse will discuss this with you when you come to pick the child up from the clinic.)
- Fever in the past 24 hours
- Vomiting in the past 24 hours
- Diarrhea in the past 24 hours
- Sore throat
- Strep Throat (must have been taking an antibiotic for at least 24 hours before returning to school).
- Pink eye (must have been taking an antibiotic for at least 24 hours before returning to school).
- Bad cold, with a very runny nose or bad cough, especially if it has kept the child awake at night.